AlzU Icon
Alzheimer's Universe

Discussion Forum

AlzU Home > Forum > Welcome! > Topic

Lessons

Posted by lori  
Lessons
January 04, 2016 05:30AM
When will the rest of the lessons be available? I have waited 2 months and nothing else is available???
Re: Lessons
January 20, 2016 05:18PM
Hi Lori,

Thank you for your patience! We are working on a NEW lesson format for AlzU that works perfectly across all devices. Currently, our lessons work optimally on computers, work fairly well on tablets, but on mobile devices we have heard feedback from several users about glitches.

If you would like to sign up to be a beta-tester of our new lesson format, click here: [www.research.net]

Thanks so much for your interest!

- The AlzU Team
January 27, 2016 03:11PM
I love your lessons. I have found them very informative and has helped me to identify early onset dementia in a friend of many years. I urged her to see a doctor which she did and, after both a CTScan and MRI, plus other tests, it was determined she indeed has early onset dementia. However, the hospital connected with her medical insurance does not have a strong memory help clinic. I have urged her repeatedly to seek help at the memory clinic of a nearby hospital that I know is doing cutting edge research on memory disorders and also has ongoing clinical trials but my friend resists....says she doesn't want to know. Unfortunately, her near term memory has rapidly deteriorated over this past year. I try to stress upon her that there are things she can do and medications she can take that can slow the progression of her disease but nothing registers. I hope in the future, you will be including a lesson on how we can help to steer those who are dear to us and are in denial into a memory clinic for help.
March 09, 2016 10:16PM
Hi Jessie

Thanks for writing! We are actively working on new lessons, and are trying out several new formats and styles that will work better across all devices. Regarding your suggestion, while we didnt have a lesson planned for this its a terrific idea and we will add it to the list of content to work on. The earlier a person gets evaluated for memory loss, the earlier the therapies can be started, and generally speaking, the better the person will do. Here is a recent video that calls attention to the importance of trying to make certain changes that may delay the onset of cognitive decline and reduce risk in a group of people with a family member with Alzheimer's, but with no symptoms of memory loss. Would love to hear your thoughts about the discussion.

[youtu.be]

Thank you!
- The AlzU Team
August 01, 2016 08:14PM
I found out about this web site on facebook this weekend (I was one of the participants in the survey to give suggestions about the new lesson styles). I definitely liked the new videos you are testing (they were very creative and well done) but as a retired teacher, I feel the webinar type lessons you have were most educational, interactive and more cohesive as a group. Regardless, please keep up the great work of sharing this important information with us!
December 22, 2016 05:34PM
I can't get to your lessons. It keeps sending me to the articulate app which asks me to log in again then sends me back where I started. Just a big loop. How do you get past that?
June 16, 2017 12:02AM
Tonight, around 7pm Pacific Time, lessin one seems not to work, at least on my iPad.
And, as it goes right to the "completed", the dates of the course completions are long in the past.

Wish I could get inquire in a different venue, like a contact moderator or something, but
I can wait.
April 21, 2018 05:47PM
i have tried several times to get Lesson 5 to load but it won't.
May 04, 2018 03:08AM
Thanks Admin for the help.
June 09, 2018 08:43PM
Lesson 5 won't load.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Why Join?

Alzheimer's Universe has been created by medical experts to help learn the latest about AD diagnosis, treatment & prevention

Prevention & Treatment

Learn about the latest tips used to help reduce AD risk, delay onset of symptoms, and how to manage AD using a comprehensive approach

Join Now

Learn More

Click on the button below to learn about why Alzheimer's Universe was created, how it works, and what to expect after joining

Learn More

As Seen On:

The Today Show CNN.com

Share AlzU.org with friends and family: